Skyports – Airport Planner | SUAS News
Skyports, established in 2017, is the leading owner and operator of vertiports enabling the operation of electric air taxis in a number of cities around the world.
Skyports designed and built the world’s first passenger vertiport prototype in Singapore in 2019 and, together with Volocopter, conducted the first-ever urban flight trials in Marina Bay.
Skyports is focused on designing and building vehicle-independent vertiport networks in a number of cities around the world, with the first commercial flights planned for 2024. To support the launch of commercial operations, Skyports has projects underway in the Kingdom UK, France, Germany and Singapore. , Japan, the United States and Australia.
As a leading innovator in advanced air mobility infrastructure, we actively collaborate with aviation authorities and industry bodies in the US and EU to help shape standards and regulations for vertiports. Our head office is in London with regional offices in Singapore and the United States. Skyports has just completed its $23m Series B round with more strategic investors on board such as Ardian, F2i, Kanematsu and Goodman Group in addition to Deutsche Bahn, Groupe ADP, Irelandia Aviation and Levitate Capital.
To help us continue our impressive growth, Skyports is looking for an Airport/Vertiport Planner who can perform multiple functions when it comes to planning and designing our vertiport networks in the Americas region. You will participate in the production of technical drawings and documents for the identification of vertiports, site acquisition, planning and design of all aspects of our next generation eVTOL infrastructure, as well as the development of essential intellectual property for the company. You will work closely with the Vertiport Development Manager and Infrastructure Managers on and report to vertiport projects and support the technology team to help define and build the core product of Skyports. You will be a key member of a team that will design and operate the world’s first commercial network of passenger eVTOL vertiports.
This role is perfect for the motivated candidate who wants to be a pioneer in an emerging transportation industry. The ideal candidate will be a hard-working, flexible and ambitious person with a strong desire to innovate and learn. This person will be very proficient in CAD design software and have planning or design experience. An ideal candidate will also be confident in their abilities and comfortable communicating on behalf of Skyports with a wide range of external stakeholders. Experience in an airport or related aviation field (helicopter/heliport is a plus) is highly desirable. The candidate must be calm under pressure and have no problem working in ambiguity. We need someone who can help us achieve difficult goals without an instruction manual. Creativity and thinking outside the box are applauded at Skyports.
Role location: London, England
You will be sitting with the Vertiport Planning team in the London office, but projects can be located anywhere in the world.
What will you do:
- Manage the execution and day-to-day tasks of all projects in a leading region for Skyports, including management of external stakeholders (eVTOL OEMs, Owners, Airports, Consultants, Regulators, etc.)
- Support tasks related to the planning of vertiports and airports of all kinds, including landside, terminal, airfield and airspace disciplines. Undertake site feasibility assessments for the suitability of a vertiport siting
- Airspace Due Diligence
- Contribute and support the development of internal documentation, eg operations manuals, ConOps and vertiport planning and design manuals, capability assessment, operations research.
- Support the Infrastructure team in partnerships and business development with eVTOL owners and OEMs
- 3-10 years of experience in planning, engineering, aviation or other related technical field
- Solid foundation in airport planning principles (heliport is a plus)
- Proficiency in design software such as AutoCAD. Deliverables can range from highly technical drawings to graphic/PPT sketches used to support complex narratives or business development. Other design software (such as SketchUp) is a plus.
- Be able to distill information from various international design manuals and planning standards
- Be able to take a simple idea and develop it into a high fidelity concept with limited supervision
- fluent English
- Willingness to work flexible hours to support projects in Americas time zones
- Ability to travel when needed
Behaviors we are looking for:
- A high standard of work and pride in showing continuous growth and improvement
- Willingness to go beyond the scope of your previous work experience and training
- Willingness to take ownership of tasks and take initiative when you see an opportunity to add value to the business in new ways
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and shifting priorities. It’s a new industry and no one has all the answers. You must be autonomous and comfortable proposing your own solutions/responses to big challenges
- Ability to think critically and challenge colleagues when necessary
- Desire to learn and accept feedback
- Competitive salary and pension
- Fantastic learning environment
- A unique and exciting work environment where we can truly change the world of transport for good
- Generous stock options
- Unlimited vacation allowance
- Work from home opportunities
- Team lunches
- Company Loot
- and more!