Denver International Airport will make adjustments to security checkpoints
DENVER (KRDO) – Beginning Wednesday, Denver International Airport (DIA) plans to make adjustments to its security checkpoint, according to 9NEWS.
The DIA and the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) have added a “limited number” of PreCheck lanes at the southern security checkpoint.
Additionally, there are a limited number of standard screening corridors at the northern checkpoint, according to DIA officials.
“The additional lanes will give passengers arriving from the hotel and transit center at the south end and international arrivals at the north end more options to access the appropriate screening lanes at either end of the terminal,” says a press release from the DIA.
DIA recommends that passengers be at least two hours inside the airport before boarding time.
North security checkpoint
Open from 4 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- TSA pre-check: Mainly for TSA PreCheck passengers.
- CLEAR Customers: Lane available on the east side of this checkpoint for travelers who are CLEAR customers with TSA PreCheck.
- Voyageur Premium/Premier track: Lane available on the west side of this checkpoint.
- Standard Screening: Three open standard control lanes.
South security checkpoint
- Standard Screening: Dedicated to standard control travelers.
- TSA pre-check: Up to two TSA PreCheck lanes open from 4:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. PreCheck passengers traveling after 8:00 p.m. will receive expedited screening through standard lanes at this checkpoint.
- CLEAR Customers: A lane is available at this control point for standard control. CLEAR customers with TSA PreCheck can use this lane, but are strongly encouraged to use the North Security Checkpoint lane for a more efficient experience.